Volunteer Oppportunities Coming Soon for May 20 Spring Spruce Up
Our kids deserve to play and learn in SAFE, beautiful, well-designed spaces. UWMC will upgrade play facilities at child care centers throughout the county. Playful Spaces = Happy faces!
On Saturday, May 20, United Way Monterey County will provide day-long beautification projects to preschool providers. Equipment, materials, and supplies provided will equal up to $10,000! We expect to recruit 30-45 corporate, parent, student and community volunteers to support these projects. The United Way will provide all project equipment; and recruit and manage a team of volunteers to carry out the projects. In partnership with sites, we will manage event logistics, planning and implementation. Our goal is to support one to three projects.
- Benefits: - Beautification project proposals could include:
- Landscaping: raking, mowing, removal of weeds and bushes
- Planting flowers, plants or trees
- Painting walls, building trim, equipment
- Classroom makeover (reading corners, refreshing walls, etc)
- Installing playground equipment
- Municipalities, schools and child serving nonprofit organizations
- Grantee must demonstrate dedication to serving low-income population
- Child Care Center will commit to:
- Convene and work with a team to facilitate planning and completion of a service day project that
- may include: United Way staff, volunteers, students or corporate partners
- Selection: - Criteria for selection will be based off of the ability of the organization to demonstrate:
- Need for childhood development center beautification
- Commitment to supporting underserved populations
Once selected, grantee will work directly with the Volunteer Engagement Manager to plan and execute service day project. Propsals are due April 14, 2017.
Contact: If you have any other questions about the application process, please email Tre.Watkins with "Spring Spruce Up Grant" in the subject line