The Jackie McManus Memorial Scholarship is now admistered through CSUMB. Please see below more infomation.
Purpose of McManus Scholarship
Jackie McManus was a local attorney with Fenton and Keller. As a legal advocate for the nonprofit sector, Jackie provided exceptional leadership and service to the community, with a special interest in mentoring women and girls. This scholarship was established in her memory to assist women 18 years of age or older who want to improve their career opportunities by furthering their education.
Please note, the 2016 application process is now closed. Finalists will be required to participate in an interview process and notifications will be sent after May 1, 2016. For more info, please log in to CSUMB Scholarship Site. To be eligible, students must have completed the CSUMB American Association of University Women (AAUW) application prior to March 1, 2016.
- Major: Available to all Majors
- Class Level: Undergrad: Junior, Senior
- Enrollment Requirement: Full Time
- Financial Need: Must file a FAFSA or Dream App
- Citizenship: US Citizen/Perm Res/AB540
- GPA: Minimum cumulative: 3.00
- Units: Completion of 60 college level units prior to the start of the upcoming academic year
- Additional: Personal Statement should provide evidence of alignment with the AAUW/MPB Branch Vision Statement: "Monterey Peninsula Branch is committed to intellectual growth, advancement of women, equity for all women and girls, with positive societal change."
Scholarship Award Distribution
The scholarship award is to be allocated for tuition, books and student fees. Scholarship amounts of up to $2,000 will be awarded.
Donation and General Information
For donations to the Jackie McManus Memorial scholarship, go to our donation page (note donation is in honor of Jackie) or mail a check to UWMC at address below.