In January 2017, the United Way Monterey County (UWMC) Board of Directors authorized the release of a Request for Proposals (RFP) to bolster collaborative action to increase access to quality, affordable early care and education. Applications are open to Bright Beginnings- Collaborative Action Teams (CATs). The purpose of this grant is to increase access to quality childcare. Up to $100,000 of funding is available to award, with average awards expected in the $20,000 - $25,000 range.
The below timeline outlines key dates and activities related to this RFP:
- Application Period February 15 - April 14, 2017
- (Grantee Workshop) CAT Convening February 24, 2017
- Last Day to Submit Questions (phone or email) March 30, 2017
- Proposals Due April 14, 2017 by 3:00pm
- Review and Evaluation April 17 - 21
- Notification of selection/non-selection April 28, 2017 (expected)
- Project Start/End Dates May 1 2017- May 1, 2018
Links to Application Information
- Community Impact Grant Application - Early Care & Education Access Collaborative Action
- Proposal Cover Sheet Form
- Community Impact Budget Template
- Budget Narrative Template
- Early Care & Education Monitoring & Evaluation Plan
- Organizations Certifications Forms
Proposals will only be accepted via email. Send completed applications to Vanessa.
Please contact Vanessa with any questions.
To be eligible for funding, applicants must be classified as a private or public non-profit organization that qualifies for tax exemption under section 501 of IRS Code of 1986, including faith-based and community organizations. Educational, government, for-profit and Section 501(c)(4) organizations are not eligible to apply.
We will post frequently asked questions to the webpage.